Nonno`s Quick and Easy Pasta al Burro (Nonno`s version of Mac and Cheese)
This is Nono’s favorite non-tomato-based pasta dish. It is tasty, quick, and one of the easiest pasta dishes to prepare, a real comfort food.
Allow 20 To 30 Minutes to Prepare)
Ingredients you need to make it quick and easy like Nonno makes it: ( feed 4)
• 1 teaspoon of virgin olive
• 3 whole eggs (beaten)
• 1/4 Pound of salted butter
• 1 and 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 3/4 Cup of Italian style breadcrumbs
• 1 pound pasta (Nonno`s favorite is Italpasta Rigatoni (you can use your favorite whether it is macaroni, penne, spaghetti fettuccine etc.)
• Two pinches of salt and pinch black pepper
• 2 Tablespoons of oregano
• (Optional for an added zing, 3 dried, salted anchovies broken up into small pieces)
How to make it quick and easy like Nonno makes it:
1. Beat the three eggs until mixed well and set aside with the other ingredients
2. In a large pot of boiling water, add your chosen pasta, a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of virgin olive oil. Cook pasta until it is al dente.
3. Turn burner down to between medium and low.
4. Dump the pasta into a strainer and drain the pasta completely.
5. Add 1/8 cup of salted butter (1/2 of the 1//4 pound of salted butter) into the large pot used to cook your pasta.
6. Place the large pot with the butter back on the burner and start stirring immediately.
7. Add the drained pasta to the large pot and continue to stir to evenly coat with butter.
8. Continue stirring, slowly add the two beaten eggs, then the rest of the butter and continue to stir.
9. Stir in the breadcrumbs and 1 cup of the parmesan cheese.
10. Stir in the oregano; add a pinch of salt and two pinches of black pepper.
11. Cook until all the butter is melted and the eggs are cooked (they will appear creamy white – should be between 10 to 15 minutes)
12. (Optional) Add the anchovies if you so desire and continue cooking for another minute. Then turn off the burner. And take the pot off the stove.
13. Transfer into a large bowl then serve.
Make sure that you have that extra Parmesan cheese to add (wine glasses and good wine or a good beer, beer steins for the adults) and then Enjoy!
We would love your feedback or comments here, or feel free to email us @ email@example.com