Nonno’s Spinach Potato Frittata – a very simple, flexible & versatile meal component.
Nonno’s recipe keeps it simple using Potatoes, Onion, Spinach and Parmesan Cheese and is quick and easy to prepare.
If you so desire, you can mix it up using other cheeses. You could also add meat – whether it is ham, prosciutto, bacon, chorizo. or your favorite meat choice. You can also add other vegetables (peppers, mushrooms are good) – just saute those in at the very beginning.
It makes a great anytime meal addition and is great served with a simple side salad. Have it for breakfast, lunch, brunch or even for dinner. Leftover slices are a great snack, too.
What you will need to prepare Quick and Easy Nonno’s Spinach Potato Frittata
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced (like you would for hash browns)
- 1 cup of fresh spinach (you can also use Kale, domestic or wild Chicory, Rapini ….
- 2 to 3 sliced green onions
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare Nonno’s Quick and Easy Spinach Potato Frittata like Nonno does it: (takes 20 to 30 minutes)
- In a bowl, beat the 2 eggs and add the milk and set aside
- In a medium skillet add olive oil with the garlic
- Cook at medium heat for 10 minutes
- Add diced potatoes and stir and cook for another 7 to 10 minutes
- Add and mix in the greens (spinach and green onions) adding salt and pepper to taste
- Continue cooking for another 3 minutes (until spinach is limp)
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs and milk
- Pour the milk/egg mixture into the skillet over the vegetables
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for another 6 to 7 minutes, until the eggs are firm
- I place a plate on top of the skillet at 3 minutes and use it to flip the frittata once, to ensure that both sides cook evenly
- Let cool a bit and then enjoy!
Please share and feel free to comment. Email
Email us @ NonnoKnows@nonnoknowsbest.com