Fall is upon us, it was a good year for rhubarb and we just did our third cutting. Rhubarb is a versatile addition to many dessert dishes. … Auntie Diane’s special recipe is for easy to make rhubarb pie that is delicious and takes only a few minutes to prepare. Bake for approximately one hour.
*If you are not a rhubarb solo fan, you can also add a few blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and/or strawberries if you want to crank this up.
What You Need To Make Nonno’s Favorite Quick & Easy Rhubarb Delight.
• (1) Pie baking plate (Nanna uses one that is larger, about 10“ round
• (2) Medium sized mixing bowls
• A dozen rhubarb stems, washed, chopped to 1/2” in length and drained (use enough to fill the pie plate)
• (1 ½) Cup of Bisquick
• 1/3 Cup of sour cream
• (1) cup of milk
• (2) Large eggs
• (1) teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
• (1) cup of granulated sugar
• (1/3) Cup of Brown Sugar
• (1/4 Cup of softened salted butter
How to Make Nonno’s Favorite Quick & Easy Rhubarb Delight like Nanna does it:
1. Preheat oven to 325° F
2. Coat inside of the pie plate with enough butter to ensure the ingredients do not stick to the plate when baking
3. 3. Place cut rhubarb in pie plate
In Bowl 1
a. Mix 2 eggs and…
b. 1 cup of granulated sugar
c. ½ cup of Bisquick.
d. 1/3 Cup of Sour cream
e. 1 Cup of Milk
f. 1 Teaspoon of pure Vanilla extract
Pour mixture of the bowl into the pie baking plate covering the rhubarb as evenly as possible.
In bowl 2
a. Pour 1 cup of Bisquick into bowl 2 and …
b. Add 1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar and 1/4 lb. of softened butter and mix well
c. Spoon over top of pie baking plate and spread as evenly as possible.
d. Cook at 325 F for about one hour, checking periodically (remove from oven when the top is golden brown)
e. Let sit to Cool and then serve.
Cover with wrap and be sure to refrigerate any leftovers.
Thank you for reading this and for visiting www.nonnoknowsbest.com
If you like, please do like us on Facebook and please share.
Email comments to email@example.com
All the best,