In my opinion, Brussels sprouts have a bad rap that is unwarranted.
What you will need to make Nonno`s favorite Brussels sprouts:
• A large pot to boil and a frying pan
• 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
• 1 lb. of trimmed Brussels sprouts
• 1/4 lb. of finely diced pancetta
• 1/4 of a lb. cooked (roasted is better) chestnuts, each broken into 4 pieces
• 1/4 lb of unsalted peanuts
• 1 tbsp of fine sugar
• 200 ml. of vegetable stock
How to make Nonno`s favorite Brussel sprouts:
1. Boil the sprouts for 3 minutes, slightly soft but not mushy. (Icut them in half)
2. Drain the Brussel sprouts.
3. Fry the pancetta until brown and crisp.
4. Remove the pancetta from the pan and set aside.
5. Add the peanuts, chestnuts, and sugar, stirring and tossing in the pan
6. Add the vegetable stock and reduce by half.
7. Add the sprouts and pancetta back to the pan and warm through
8. Serve and Enjoy.
Please visit us on Facebook and Like if you do and do Share.
Thank you for visiting us @ www.nonnoknowsbest.com