Nanna makes these tasty and buttery Christmas cookie treats for Christmas. They make a very nice gift pack for your friends and family and are certainly a great Christmas party treat.
You can make different Christmas shapes with cookie cutters, even add your favorite Christmas coloring to the dough mix and then top them with holiday colored icing and sprinkles.
www.nonnoknowsbest.com wishes everyone a Very Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!
What you need to make approximately 5 dozen of Nanna’s Buttery Christmas Cookies:
A large bowl
Christmas shaped cookie cutters
A rolling pin
2 large cookie sheets covered with parchment paper
1 cup softened salted butter
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1 large beaten egg
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
How to make Nanna’s Buttery Christmas cookies:
- In a large bowl cream the softened butter.
- Add the beaten egg and then fold in the flour, sugar, vanilla extract and the baking powder.
- If you choose to use coloring, section into desired quantities and add the color of your choice to each section.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and roll dough to about 1/4″ thick and cut into shapes with the Christmas cookie cutter shapes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Place on the cookie sheets that you covered with parchment paper leaving at least 1/2″ between each cookie.
- Place the loaded cookies sheets in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes (check periodically).
- Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes and if you choose, cover with colored icing and top with Christmas colored sprinkles.
These Cookies can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for about 5 days. Nanna places them in an airtight container and keeps them super fresh in the freezer.
Please Like if you do, and if so, please do Share
If you have any comments or want to send us your ideas please email us @ email@example.com