Happy Thanksgiving, from NonnoKnowsbest.com! Can’t believe that our Canadian Thanksgiving has past and the American Thanksgiving is just a week away!
Nonno knows that Nanna makes the best Turkey stuffing ever! Here is Nonno`s favorite quick and easy to prepare stove top turkey stuffing.
Nonno likes Nanna`s stove top version best, because, the way that she makes it, it is absolutely delicious and it is never too dry.
Ingredients: (takes 20 minutes to prepare)
These instructions are for a dinner with a 10 lb. to 13 lb. Turkey – This recipe can be scaled up (for a larger bird), or down (for a smaller bird).
You can make this ahead of the busy meal preparation time on that special day, even the day before, and keep refrigerated until you need it, then just warm it up in the oven, stuff the bird or serve in a serving dish.
• A large bowl to mix all the ingredients
• A pot large enough to boil 1 Cup (250 ml of water and 3 boxes of Stove Top Stuffing Mix
• Saran wrap
• A large saucepan big enough for three boxes of stove top stuffing mix
• 3 boxes of Kraft Stove Top Turkey stuffing mix (120-gram boxes)
• 6 strips of bacon, finely minced (real Italians can use prosciutto)
• 6 to 8“ of Italian sausage finely minced
• 2 cooking apples, peel, core and chopped/diced into small cubes (1/2“)
• 1/4 cup of real Canadian Maple syrup
• A pinch of salt and two pinches of pepper
• 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil
How to make Nonnoès favorite Quick and easy turkey stuffing it like Nanna does it:
1. Prepare the stove top dressing mix
– In your pot for boiling, add 250 ml of water and bring to a boil
– Stir in the contents of the pouch of Stuffing mix
– Remove stuffing mix from stove burner and cover with tin foil
– Set aside and let stand for 5 minutes
– Fluff with a fork and cover
2. Place the saucepan on the oven burner, at medium heat, drop a tablespoon of olive oil, add the diced sausage and bacon and sauté slowly (Keep an eye on it and regulate the heat to ensure that you do not burn the bacon /prosciutto and Italian sausage)
3. Cook until almost done (light brown)
4. Add chopped/diced apples stir and cook an additional couple of minutes
5. Add the 1/4 cup real Canadian Maple Syrup, stir, cooking another additional 2 to 3 minutes
6. Stir in the cooked stuffing mix that you have set aside
7. Remove from stovetop and place in serving bowl if you are preparing to eat, you can save it until your Turkey is ready and stuff in the Turkey.
If your meal is later (even the next day), refrigerate until you are ready to eat, then remove foil and cover with Saran wrap and reheat in the microwave place in serving plate or stuff in cooked ready to eat Turkey.
Please Follow us and Like us on Facebook if you do Like, and be sure to Share.
Feedback & Comments Welcome in the comments section here, or you can also email us @ nonnoknows@nonnoknowsbest.