Did you know that December 4th is International Cookie Day? Nonno is in – Delicious cookies sure do need to be celebrated. Let the celebrations begin!
According to Wikipedia, the North American name cookie comes from the Dutch word koekje (the dialect word is koekie) which means little cake. Cookies are a small baked or cooked goods that are usually flat and sweet. Most cookies are made from flour, sugar and require some fat or oil. Other ingredients are sometimes added like chocolate chips, oats, raisins, nuts etc.
Nanna’s Whipped Shortbread Cookies are made with just 5 simple Ingredients and can be made in less than 20 minutes.
Nanna’s Whipped Shortbread cookies are absolutely delicious and they melt in your mouth. Little and big kids Love them! They are one of the easiest cookies to make and an ideal treat at Christmas time. Be sure to leave some for Santa on Christmas Eve as he will certainly appreciate them.
What you need to make Nanna’s Whipped Shortbread Cookies:
- A large bowl to mix the ingredients
- 2 cookie baking sheets and parchment paper to cover
- 1 Cup of Salted Butter at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup of Icing Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Corn Starch
- 1 cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
How to make Nanna’s Whipped Shortbread Cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. Beat the butter until light and fluffy.
3. Fold in the icing sugar, cornstarch, flour and the salt.
4. Mix well.
5. Using a teaspoon, drop and press a teaspoonful of the cookie mixture on the cookie baking trays covered with parchment paper, leaving at least an inch in between each “whipped Shortbread Cookie drop” and flatten with a fork. Alternatively, if you have small shapes (cookie cutters) you can fill the shapes with the mixture.
6. Bake at 325 F for 8 minutes, check to make sure they do not brown.
7. Remove from oven and let cool and then sprinkle with a dusting of icing sugar.
(You can decorate if you wish with buttered icing sugar, sprinkles, dried fruit etc.)
Serve and Enjoy!
The Best Kitchen buys on Amazon this month