Nonno Knows How to Make Quick and Easy Tasty Pasta with Shrimp
(Nonno`s Pasta con Gamberi, it only takes about 20 minutes to prepare)
Shop for the best prices, selection and prompt delivery of almost anything!
This delicious seafood pasta dish is brought to you by nonnoknowsbest.com Please do share if you like.
So here is another one of Nonno Knows favorites, an Easy to prepare, quick, simple, nutritious, delicious pasta dish, celebrating that little shrimp.
For this pasta dish, Nonno needs just a few simple ingredients, pre-cooked shrimp, fresh basil, Oregano (or Italian Spice) and choose your pasta whether it is Spaghetti (Nonno`s choice), Fettuccini or Penne Pasta.
Total Preparation Time is approximately 20 minutes, this will serve 4
What you will need to make Nonno`s favorite Quick and Easy Tasty Pasta with Shrimp:
1/8 Cup of salted butter
2 teaspoons of virgin olive oil (Nonno prefers Gallo)
1/3 a cup of white wine, (Nonno uses Pinot Grigio, keep the rest of the 750 ml. bottle to cool in the fridge so it is ready to drink with the meal.
1 lb. of pre-cooked peeled and deveined shrimp (Nonno says the smaller the shrimp the better)
1 lb. of spaghetti, fettuccini or penne (Nonno’s favorite is Italpasta)
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
¼ red onion finely sliced
1 heaping tablespoon of dry oregano (or if you want a stronger Italian flavor, use Italiano Spice instead (like Club House`s Signature Blends, Italiano)
Two pinches of salt and a pinch or two of black pepper
4 leaves chopped fresh basil (or 1 tablespoon of dry basil flakes)
(Optional if you like it spicy) Thinly slice a small red-hot pepper (a tablespoon of red-hot pepper flakes will work, or you can use thin slices of hot chili peppers)
1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to Prepare Nonno`s favorite Quick and Easy Tasty Pasta with Shrimp like Nonno does it:
1. In a large deep 12” or bigger skillet (you need room for the shrimp and the pasta), add one teaspoon of virgin olive oil and then the butter, simmer until the butter is melted.
2. Heat on medium heat and add finely minced garlic, the sliced red onion, oregano (or Italiano Spices), basil, and cook until brown
3. Pour in the 1/3 a cup of white wine, and add the optional ingredients if you choose to (the red pepper or flakes).
4. Stir constantly, about 10 minutes reducing heat for at least another 5 minutes and stir and monitor heat to ensure that the shrimp do not stick.
5. In a large pot of boiling water, add your chosen pasta, a pinch of salt and add a teaspoon of virgin olive oil and cook the pasta per package instructions. Check and remove from the stove to drain when it is al dente.
6. Drain the pasta completely.
7. Toss the drained pasta into the skillet with tongs or large fork and mix in the shrimp mixture.
(If you prefer, you can also put the drained pasta in a large bowl and pour the shrimp and sauce from the skillet over the pasta and mix it up).
8. Add 1/8 cup of Parmesan cheese and continue to toss.
9. Add the two pinches of salt and a pinch or two of black pepper.
Dish out and serve!
Make sure that you have some extra Parmesan cheese, wine glasses and of course, the rest of the white wine on the table to drink.
Tutti al tavolo!